Translate

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dreaming of Spring


This weeks Play Date Cafe Challenge is called "Longing for Spring" because the colors foreshadow Springtime.     The lovely shades of green, golden yellow and shades of Violet/Red are a wonderful example of split complimentary colors (opposites on the color wheel plus one color in between).

 



I combined these colors with A Blog Named Hero Challenge which calls for paper piecing, a stamping technique I love because I get to dig into my Paper stash, one of my favorite pastimes!









I used one of my favorite paper lines, My Minds Eye along with a Hero Arts stamp, andsome Tim Holtz products: On the Edge Distressed Doily die with the new Frosted Film, Distress stain in Metallic Bronze, his French handwriting stamp and a tab from the Tinytags die.

The kite needed a little softening so I added a vintage button and some twine, I left the ends of the bow a bit longer to convey more movement.  I've been studying card design theory lately and this project was a nice way for me to experiment with some of the ideas.   I am looking for some feedback .... What do you think about a Challenge blog based on card design theory?  Would you play along with that?  Tell me what you think in the comment section!

I will be entering this into the following challenges:

The Play Date Cafe - Longing for Spring PDCC167

A Blog Named Hero - Challenge #19 Snip and Stick


Thanks for stopping by, if you like what you see please join me and leave a comment, it's always nice to know I'm not just talking to myself like a crazy person out in the www!




5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Thanks for playing with us over at A Blog Named Hero! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of wonderful elements on your card Adrienne. Thanks for playing along at ABNH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bigger picture would have been great as I'm kind of blind ;)
    Many beautiful details on your card!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at ABNH.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine,
      Thanks for letting me know about the picture size, I fixed it!
      Blessings,
      Adrienne

      Delete
  4. Such a soft and pretty look you've created here! Love the colors :) Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete