Pencil Jar - Hiding In My Craft Room

Hey friends, I've been so busy with VBS (Vacation Bible School) I feel like I've been out of touch this week with my blog, my craft table and all my creative friends so Hello and I'm so happy to be back!  It's been a great week and I'm fortunate that I made this crafty project before the crazy busy week began!    So, this week at Hiding In My Craft Room our theme is Free Style, aka Anything Goes!




About a month ago I saw this idea in blog land and my apologies to the brilliant lady who thought of it!  It's a pencil/art supplies/ flower holder-vase and its super simple to make!

So you can use a mason jar or a cleaned out pickle jar, wipe or brush stroke on some gesso to the outside.  It dries pretty quickly but I let it set for a few hours then came back to it.  I then took my Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Vintage Things stamp set, applied Staz-On ink in black, and used the stamp without a block to wrap the stamp around the curve of the jar to create my image.  It's not perfect but my daughter thinks it looks mor vintage like in its imperfection, I'll go with that!  I also used the Tim Holtz SA Vintage label stamp with Red Archival ink for that image.

That's it, easy peasy and so cute! I will be putting this on my desk in my officer. 


I will be entering this into the following challenges:
http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/ - Anything Goes with a inspiring sentiment 


Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate you taking the time to check out my art!


  


Comments

  1. Gorgeous :) What a nice idea. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool project! Thanks for joining us at SACC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a super cool project! WOW I really like it, and I appreciate having you share your art in our challenge this week. Blessings to you, and please join us again soon!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it-! This is a great idea. Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adrienne,
    What a seriously clever idea and I think you have made it look honest vintage. I remember Mommy and those old Remington typewriters.
    We appreciate your participation in our weekly AG challenge. Thank you so much for showcasing this wonderful art with us at WAW.
    Psalm 23 Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday
    I'm thankful to have seen this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! I would love to try this technique sometime. Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
    Hugs - Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique. Magda :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative project. Fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap
    DT Call at Creative Fingers

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool, what a fabulous idea. Thanks for joining us at Left of Center Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous creation! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stampin for the Weekend this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts