February 12 Tags of 2016

Hello Blogger friends!!  It's been quite a while and I have been busy working away at my work table. I actually never stopped creating, just stopped sharing but thought I'd share a few projects I've been working on and  then see how I feel about posting again 🤔.



Today I'm sharing February's tag from Tim Holtz's Tags of 2016 series.  For this tag Tim mixed the Mono Print with the Embossed Texture Paste techniques.   I liked the idea of this tag and trying to make it my own wasn't too intimidating this month, honestly it should never be intimidating, only fun!



I chose to take the tag to a military theme when I was searching through the old photo booth Ideology papers.  This guy just spoke to me. Tim used some Distress stain on the base of the tag and I grabbed picket fence for something a bit different, it brightened the tag.   For the mono print technique I used the new colors Blueprint Sketch and Candied Apple Distress Inks on the Stars Layered Stencil.  I then used the Stripes Layered Stencil with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.


I applied the Ranger Texture paste through a TCW Rebekah Meier stencil called Inspired Words, using the BRAVE word, because that's what the men and women of our Military are, Brave, and for that I am very thankful!  I used Ranger's Liquid Platinum Embossing powder, I have loved that color ever since I saw Jennifer McGuire use it several years ago!


Next came all the embellishments'!!! My favorite part!  I don't know about you but I tend to buy the Ideology embellishments' and then put them away in my craft cabinet and/or plastic organizing tray and forget about them.  Very often because I fashion my embellishments' out of paper, I am often working with Graphic 45 papers and it's so easy to create beautiful embellies with them, silly me, I have so many great TH goodies to use!   So in my recent clean up I took all recent (past 18 month) Ideology goodies and grouped them together in a storage box, now I can just grab that box and have all of his wonderful designs at my fingertips!!!  Out came the photo corners, the Small talk and Chit Chat stickers, the vial labels and rub ons!! Lastly I created an medal of sorts.  I had just recently purchased the Prize Ribbon die on clearance but it was too big so I improvised, I pulled out the Mini Paper Rosettes Sizzlit die and ran a piece of yellow paper through the die, using just the round zig-zag piece of the set, I colored over it with a Zig Wink of Stella pen in Gold to give it some shimmer and attached a strip of Chipped Sapphire paper with notched ends underneath.  Topped it off with a Mirrored star which was dabbed with Mushroom Alcohol Ink, and popped the whole embellishment up with dimensional tape.

I choose the phrase "What seems ordinary is often the extraordinary"  because  many of these humble men and women who serve our country go to work day in and day out and may feel that they are just "doing their jobs."  I have a nephew who has been "doing his job" overseas for the past 6 months, sacrificing time away from his beautiful family which consists of a wonderful wife and  two absolutely adorable young boys ages 2 years and 6 months.  His SERVICE TO OUR CONTRY is not ordinary but EXTRAORDINARY!!!  So this is in honor of him and his fellow Marines.


Love you Bryan!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Adrienne 



Comments

  1. Gorgeous tag, good to see you back x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your spin on this month's tag--it's really exceptional. I especially like that big star you used as a prop in the photo. It's a great reminder for us all to be thankful for our service men and women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beulah, the men and women of our military and their families sacrifice a lot for our country, they certainly deserve to be honored 🇺🇸

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts