My cards gonna be on TV!

Some fun news....I just recently created and mailed out a couple of cards that will be featured on British TV!!!!  Being a part of the Ooh La La Creations Design Team I agreed to make a few cards from their new Cd entitled "Yesterdays Memories," you can purcase it here: http://www.ooh-la-la-creations.com/Pages/default.aspx .  There are lots of lovely Vintage images available to make cards with.  I just adore vintage so it's great fun for me to work with these images!  The program is like our US QVC shopping channel only it is dedicated to Arts and Crafts 24/7!  Its called Create and Craft TV and can be seen online at http://www.createandcraft.tv/ShowGridView.aspx on Sunday,  January 27th at 2:00 pm in the UK, they are 5 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (9 am) and 8 hours ahead (6am) for me in California, so I will be waking up bright and early in the morning to watch it online !

Here are the cards I sent out:

I used the Tea Time Pyramid topper for the first card.  This is an image printed about five times that gets smaller and smaller.  You cut out each image and layer one on top of the next with pop-dots.


Here's the close up so you can get an idea of what I am referring to.  I placed the image on top of a Spellbinders rectangle frame which I folded down on the sides to create a square that utilized the top and bottom design.  The die also had these pretty corner tabs that I utilized to highlight the corners.  I used two coordinated black and white stripe and polka dot papers (Michael's Recollections).

Here's the details inside:

The Cd also includes a multiple variations of the images from interiors for your cards to coordinating design papers.  This really helps you to quickly create a lovely interior.  If you are anything like me, by the time you get to the interior you maybe short on time or ingenuity to create a truely "finished" card!

Here's the second card:


This image is called Washing day, and I just  adore it!  Vintage images of children are really some of my favorite to work with and always have been!  I have various child vintage images throughout my home, they make me happy, looking at their innocent faces!  I mimicked the clothes line with a little banner that I used a Fiskars Jenni Bowlin punch from various My Minds Eye and Studio Calico.


This is the inside, I recently purchased this sentiment stamp, so sweet!



This is the back, there are also postage stamps that can be printed for the images.  I printed them onto Vellum and then adhered it, the vellum makes a thin smooth sticker-like embellishment that's nice for a decorative back.

I also made a quick little Thank You card to send along with the package, just because;


Not a OLLC, but just used a embellished piece I made that was sitting around.  Basically it's a Spellbinders die cut that I cut, embossed, stenciled with Distress ink and added this fun sticker to.  The background was stamped with white ink and then added jewels and added the heat embossed sentiment to.

I am entering this Thank You card into the following challenge :

Challenge #18 Golden Oldie

Challenge #45 Punch Card









Comments

  1. How exciting...I am so happy for your fun news. I absolutely adore your washing girl card,the banner is so sweet and the colors are just perfect. I also wanted to say thank you so much for your sweet comment you left on my blog the other day, on my hope post. I've been having computer problems and haven't come to say thank you sooner. I'm using my husband's tablet right now so it will say the comment is from him, but it's not LOL Your work is lovely and I am glad we can both go forward with our crafting knowing what we do for the Lord is what lasts. I'll be back to follow you when I"m back on my own computer:) Big hugs to you. Leah from http://paperblossoms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts