Wedding Ballons Fly Away

Yesterday I attended a beautiful wedding, set in the most idyllic setting, out in the country with a barn and a field of straw glowing in the background.  The wedding took place under a HUGE oak tree and the reception in the barn.  As the sun was setting they opened the two back doors and the bride and groom shared a lovely kiss with the sunlight shining in the backdrop!  It was like walking into a pinterest board!  They did not serve wedding cake, instead a local vendor with a teardrop trailer set up shop and fried the most delectable mini donuts!  So Cute!

So here is the card I made them.  The color inspiration came from their invites which I might add were adorable.  It had the cutest font.  At the wedding I saw that font all over the place, on tags, on handwritten sign...come to find out it was the bride's handwriting!!!  I guess there is software out in the big wide web that will turn your handwriting into a font and that's what they must have used for their invites, it was just adorable!  There's pictures on Instagram if I really piqued your curiosity you can check them out there under #castonjamboree.

Ok so here you go:

I used an adorable Penny Black cling stamp and inked it up with Studio Calico color theory dye ink in  Sunny Day and Coral Bay.  I added a Tim Holtz banner stamped with the Penny Black sentiment included with the image stamp using Momento Luxe in Gray Flannel.  I thought the grey would look softer than black and it was really nice.  I added a strip of Authentique paper to the top and some sequins dotted all around.  Had to hide a yucky smudge with one of them, won't say which one, but I think it turned out all right!

I haven't entered any challenges in a while so I thought I would give a few a shot again:


Thanks for stopping by!

Adrienne


Comments

  1. Your card is totally delightful Adrienne, thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and so delicate card.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and More;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrienne....your wedding card is so cute! I love the hot air balloons with the heart centers. Thank you so much for the very sweet comment you left on my blog about my faux tea roses canvas! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card is so cute and bright and the colours just make me think happy. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! Fantastic!!! Love the hearts and the sentiments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at PBSC! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card design and colors.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card design and colors.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts