Translate

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Weekend Fun

While the men are away the ladies will play!  My DH and DS went fishing in Bishop this weekend, giving my daughters and I some extra free time to visit with friends, watch chick flicks and play.  I decided to re work on a challenge that I was not quite pleased with and a new washi tape technique I just learned.


Here's the inside:


And a close up of the flower:



And...

I'm super pleased because I think these papers just nail them down perfectly, they are from My Minds Eye Indie collection.  I especially love the addition of the flower which was a RAK from a fellow swapper at Your Paper Pantry.  I also like the addition of the grey and silver stamping on the bottom, grey seems to be a nice contrasting neutral to all the warm colors.

The second redo was for the CASE challenge, 

http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.com/

The chevrons were my layers, I used a sizzix embossing folder which has chevrons on each strip of paper, cut the v's out and then layers them, since I wanted them to stand out a little without inking them (going for a cleaner look) I chose to add some faux hand stitching.  I'm super pleased with the card and may just have to bestow it to my hubby ;).




  The second card is for a challenge for Cards 365, day 225, is called "tape it," featuring Washi tape http://www.365cards.blogspot.com/.
This is fun to use but a bit sticky, LOL!  I made some washi tape flowers from a technique video put out by Lain Ehman's website   http://www.layoutaday.com/
I'm not sure if it is still available for purchase but it is filled with lots of great techniques !
Hubby surprised me with some frsh picked flowers upon his return.

Here's a better look at the card:




The tag is colored with Dylusions Color Spray in Fresh Lime.  I used two different washi tapes, the stripe and chevrons.  The flower is made from the tape!  Stamp is Maya Road, little pink flower is from Petaloo.
 Also entering this into:

'xuh


Thanks for stopping by and if you like what you see, won't you please join my site?  







12 comments:

  1. Beautiful chevron card, just stunning!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Link Up For Pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your projects.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards...love all your fabulous details! thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much attention to detail both on the outside and the inside!
    Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cards! I love the details on the inside too! Thanks for creating with us at Link Up For Pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards, i love the shabby chic chevron :) your hubs will love it!
    Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're all pretty awesome! Love your cheerful colours and trendy patterns. Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are so pretty, Adrienne! I love the patterned chevrons especially. :) Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Washi tape chevrons...LOVE them! What a fun idea and beautifully executed on your card Adrienne. How sweet of your hubby to bring you flowers, gotta love that too! Thanks so much for joining along with us at The Creative Paper Trade!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are great, Adrienne, but I especially love your layers of colors and patterns on the CPT card! And the bloom...so, so pretty! So glad you joined in with us! Do hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You create with color and layers in such an amazing way! Love each and every project you have created here. Thank you so much for playing along with CPT! Hope to see your creations again for week #4.

    ReplyDelete