Translate

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

CASE-ing again, and a few other fun Fall finds

Hello all!
 
First off if you are looking for my Autumn Card please scroll down...Thanks

 
This week at Case Study Challenge #109 we were asked to use Torico  And her sweet card as inspiration.

Here is her card:






and Here is my inspired version:




I stayed pretty close to her design, 
bringing in her sketch and the elements of  the scallop edges and stripes.  I used a EK Designs punch to replicate the scallops but only a smidgen of stripes peeking through the circles... I punched a separate piece of the green herringbone and laid it on top of the first piece of green to make it look as if the holes were punched out. I really like this punch a lot. 

The Tim Holtz/Sizzix Mini Tattered Floral's die strip provides the flowers and the design paper is from My Minds Eye, it's called Primavera (actually it's also called Springtime but Primavera is also included in the title, that's Spring in Spanish).  

This will also be entered into Make it Mondays 


Next up:


 My First Autumnal Card of the Season. 

  I recently purchased a die from Die-Namics.  This was on Blitsy about a month ago.  The die works nicely, needed a little prep work but no biggie (btw I bought this with my own money, this is not a paid product endorsement, although I wish it was, LOL!).  I layered the card with several papers from the new DCWV Autumn Melody Mat Stack.  I bought the smallest pack and I have to say I am a bit disappointed with the size of the paper.  I love the scale of all of the prints but the 3x5 size is a bit too small for cards.  Oh well, just pushes us to be creative right?  I also layered 2 G45 papers, they are side 2 from two different collections, the stripe is from "On the Boardwalk" and the polka dot from "Curtain Call".  Picked up the red in the sentiment with that striped paper and the red pearls. Finished it with a simple cream bow, the ribbon (yes it's vintage) came from the most darling Vintage Shop in Arroyo Grande, CA called "The Green Vase"...kinda well known among the Antique shoppers along the Cali coast.

I will be entering this card into the following Challenges: Papertake Weekly Challenge - A Hazy Shade of Autumn;

 Inspired by Stamping - IBSIC #27;

 Flourishes Boutique - Timeless Tuesday #188;

  Creative Belli Blog - Belli Challenge #152 - Fall/Autumn  

Make it Monday

Well, that's all Folks... thanks for stopping by, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think, and if you like what you see, please show some love and become a follower...Hugs!


 

8 comments:

  1. Oooooo, what a gorgeous autumn card, Adrienne! The fancy frame really catches my eye.

    Thanks for playing with us at Inspired By Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards!! I especially love the design of the autumn splendor card! Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Autumn card! Love all the gorgeous details and that frame is beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at IBSIC! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your inspired card with all the die cut flowers, love the colours and design...fabulous.

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! What a wonderful card! Those flowers are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries are: #111 and #124.

    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

    Hugs,

    Julia




    ReplyDelete
  8. nice holloween card, it's kinda creepy too... perfect for the festive spirit!!

    Saw your creation on MIM and dropped in to have a closer look..

    Have fun!
    Manu
    www.hands-full-of-art.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete