Translate

Monday, August 27, 2012

New Look for my Blog....Welcome

Welcome!

Well it's been a busy week around here, seems like Ive spent a lot of time in this computer chair!  First big news is I won my very first, well two actually, blog badges!!! I was so excited when The Play Date Cafe recognized My Hello Friend card (click here to see it) as one of their "cream in our coffee" winners!  The next day the same card was recognized as the winner for the day at 365 Cards! I knew it was time to get crackin' on getting my blog in order so I sucked it up and did my best to get it looking better...what do you think?  Blogger and html are not the easiest to work with, its not perfect, but better I think :).

I created this card in part for the following challenge on The Shabby Tea Room
Week #129 - Summer Cottage.  As I was blog hopping I saw how close my layout was to The Sweetest Thing Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge-166
I created this card using a technique I found on 
Mynnettes technique tuesday blog. You use baby wipes and re-inkers to stamp your image with.  I used the Sizzix/Hero Arts stamp/die set.  Makes it super easy to stamp the image and then cut it right out!  I decided to use the Tim Holtz Cabinet Die inspired by the armoire in the photo. I cut it out from this really cool adhesive backed cork paper made by Michael's Recollections line.  

 The banner was punched out with the Fiskers Jenni Bowlin paper punch. Papers were from the COLORBLOK Flea Market collection and Pink Paper Paislee. I love how this card came out, it has some of my favorite colors, a sweet and soft Romatic/Shabby Chic flair and fun details.  I am entering this challenge into the Word Art Wednesday challenge because the card represents Hospitality to me, the chair, chandelier and the Welcome sentiment all speak to that end.  Hospitality is a special gift from the Lord.  My husband and I like to entertain and welcome people into our home.  We often throw make your own sushi parties with families from church, everyone loves sushi and we love for them to learn how to make it! Hospitality brings me Joy in the Lord!

ChALLENGES I AM ENTERING THIS INTO:


23 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely beautiful! I really love the sketch you've used, and I just may check out this challenge for myself. Thanks for sharing this.

    What a blessing it is to have you share this gorgeous card with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. It's just wonderful, and we thank you for playing along.

    Have a blessed week, Adrienne.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my shabby goodness! So much to comment about here so let me start with I love your blog, it's beautiful. You're right about Blogger and html. ;-) I enjoyed reading your post and style so I'm follower {lucky} #13 now. Yay! Your shabby card is a delight and the distressed layers, comfy chair & chandelier do make you feel right at home. It's no wonder it's winning so many awards, congratulations!!! We at MIM are so happy you joined our linky party this week and you can enter as many times as you like.

    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the shabby chic style of this card. The paper with script makes a beautiful background, and the soft color scheme is lovely. A great take on the sketch! I cam over to your blog from MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! I love the way you used the chair and chandelier on your card --- so many wonderful details!
    (Shoregirl - Guest Designer for Word Art Wednesday for the month of August)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, this is absolutely stunning!!! GORGEOUS elements and an amazing use of the technique! Thank you SO MUCH for joining us at Technique Tuesday--we appreciate your entry! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comments, but more importantly, thanks for the tutorial which helped produce such pretty images. One mistake I made was to brush some glimmer glam over it, thinking it would give it a pretty sheen, unfortunately it muted the colors too much! I should have thought harder about it, water plus water based distress equals blending and muting! Oh well, at least it goes with the "shabby" vibe of the card.

      Blessings,
      Adrienne

      Delete
  6. Very pretty, I'm loving the cluster of flowers and stick pin, my favourite embellishments, thank you for joining us at IBSIC. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the layers and mix of papers.


    I saw your card on MIM and had to drop by for a closer look.

    Stop by my blog to check out my {Belated} Birthday Blog Candy!

    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. Hope you will join us again next week. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great week.
    I love this entry and your talent is fantastic.
    Good luck this week.
    Hugs
    Tammy Ortiz
    Founder of
    Tammy Scrapin Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well congrats on your first blog badges! That is exciting stuff! Love the floral/lacy look of your newly-refurbished blog, too - so feminine. And your card, oh, your card is so feminine as well! Love the softly stamped chandelier and chair.

    THanks for playing with us at IBSIC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love all your gorgeous details! Gorgeous blog too! And congrats on your new badges! Thanks for joining us at IBSIC this week! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful, vintagey card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us over at 365 Cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet and lovely card!!! The Simon Says Stamp & Show design team thanks you for participating in this week's challenge! - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful card, I love what you've done with the stamping and the baby wipe technique the colours are so soft.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soooo beautifully shabby, gorgeous and awesome!!!!

    Greetings from Vienna,
    die amelie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another fantastic card, Adrienne! Unfortunately, this one won't count as an entry since it's your third card this week and we only allow 2 entries per person. Nevertheless, thank you so much for joining us in our "Lots of Layers" challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Good luck with your other two in the draw and I hope we see you again next week.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! I saw you on MIM and came to have a peek. Would love for you to come enter my stamp giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Adrienne thank you very much for joining in with us at Technique Tuesday for the August challenge.
    What you have made using the technique is so gorgeous, slightly shabby and in a style I love and try to emulate myself. Hope you join us this month as I think you will really like the next technique hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colours you used on your card and the colours for your stamping are beautiful. The flowers go perfectly with the colours of your stamps and I love the colour pink. Thanks so much for joining us this month at Technique Tuesday. Hugs, Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
    My entries are: #159, #162, #212 and #214.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this card! The layering and shabby style are done so nicely! Love the banner too! Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete