Translate

Monday, August 20, 2012

Hello Friend!




I must admit I was a bit intimidated by the color challenge offered at The Play Cafe Blog, but once I found some papers to play with it was quite fun! I decided that now was a good time to break out my Tim Holtz vintage telephone die as black was a natural neutral fit with the colors. I was amused with myself when I pulled the stamped paper through the two slits in the die cut, really adding to the effect of the typeset on the paper.

 The additional greeting stamps were a match! I incorporated a second challenge with setting the typewriter in the center circle and strips of grey paper, thus meeting the "centered" challenge set forth 365 cards . The whole design was a CASE Study of Clare Buswell From Chupa's design team, matching her clean vintage/geometrics style.

Recipe:
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Vintage Typewriter Die
Papers: 7gypsies Camden (swiped with Tim Hotz Mustard Seed Stain)
Authentique Essentials Collection
My Minds Eye - Stella and Rose - Hazel (My Fav!) and Mabel
Simple Stories Fab{U}lous
Stamps:  Stampendous - Disressed Type
Studio G  Ink - VersaFine Tsukineko

Challenges I am entering this in:
365 Cards - Day 168 Centered
The Play Date Cafe - -cafe-pdcc145
CASE STUDY Challenge - #144 GD
Make it Monday  - MIM #103


Thanks for Dropping By!

Adrienne 
Paperdiva67

15 comments:

  1. AWESOME image .Love the typewriter
    beautiful card , Adrienne. Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! LOVE the typewriter! thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and vintage! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the typewriter too, cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am such a sucker for typewriters! I love the die you used, and the vintage style patterned papers. Just perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome is this! I love the vintage edge and your choice of colours. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab vinage feel to your card! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your clever use of papers and colors in the typewriter.. great card, saww you on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever...awesome card. Caught you on MIM. Pat K.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card love the vintage feel to it. So glad you shared it with us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. Hope to see you again next week. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
    My entries are: #165, #189, #217, #227 and #228.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Adrienne, nice vintage feel, love the DP too. Awesome card you did . I wish you would've link us at Tammy's Scraping Corner for a chance to win awesome prices. Thank you for sharing, hope to see you next week too : ) Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card, thanks for entering our challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. We hope to see more from you in our challenges.

    Marc ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Really have enjoyed your Blog. This creation is really sharp, full of Talent.
    Best Of Luck in the challenge.
    Hugs
    Tammy Ortiz
    Founder of
    Tammy Scrapin Corner

    ReplyDelete