Translate

Monday, August 27, 2012

Cest' Jolie - BE HAPPY :)

 Cest' Jolie!

 Translated: Be Jolly or more familiar to us "Don't Worry...Be Happy"



I made this card shortly after I received the new Tim Holtz Summer Distress 3-Pack.  My daughter was playing around with the ink, because green is her favorite color, and got copious amounts on the ink applicatorTherefore I had tons of color to work with, at first I was a bit upset about how much ink she used but her mistake turned out great for me once i started applying it to a tag... I used Tim's flicking water technique and got wonderful splats of color.  I had been to a wedding just a week prior and was in the mood for black and white so off I went with Glitz stamp and my TH Distress Markers, sometimes those mistakes turn out the best, right?

I added the tag to a card, using my DCWV Bella Armoire stack, did some stitching down the sides and then added some Prima Flowers and some KaiserCraft "Sparklers", blingy centers, I picked up  at the local Archivers, while in Chicago for the wedding.  BTW I have never been to one before and was blown away by the amount of awesomeness that store carries!  My Checkbook was sore after that trip...heres a pic:


Okay so back to the business at hand,  I am entering this into the Play Date Cafe Challenge #146...Black, White and a touch of Lime...this may be more than a touch but I think its so pretty, it deserves to be shown off!  I also am entering it into the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge(links down below), they want you to use the Summer Distress inks, how perfect is THAT? !!! The Pretty Little Ribbon Challenge#13 wants us to use bling or sparkle.
So,I'm so glad I was too busy to blog earlier this summer so I can enter it into these and several more Challenges:

The Play Date Cafe - Challenge PDCC #146 

CASE Study Challenge  

Card Making Mammas - Technique - Water Flicked Distress

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Summer Distress

The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Bling

Divas By Design - Anything Goes

Make it Monday - Anything goes

Tammy's Scrappin Corner - Lotta Layers 

Finally, last but not certainly least I will be adding this to the Word Art Wednesday who want to see cards that refer to the Joy of the Lord.   I love the saying on this stamp "Be Happy,"  and the addition of "Happy Girls are the prettiest" - a fair observation on the part of Audrey Hepburn, no matter how much make-up a mean, unhappy girl wears, she can never compare in beauty to someone who is happy from the inside out.  The bible teaches women that they should not seek for beauty by the braiding of hair or wearing of jewels, but by possessing the gentle and quiet spirit imparted by knowing The Lord. Paul was using those external beauty enhancers as an example by trying to convince these women to not be obsessed with the external, not as a archaic commandment of some sort but rather as a way to point them to Jesus. He is the only I one I know who can give us that true "Extreme Makeover"!

Blessings,

Adrienne






21 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag!!! Loving the added green! Thanks for playing with us at the PDCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just SO pretty, Adrienne! I love this color combo, and what a fabulous saying. I never knew Audrey Hepburn had made that quote - but it's kinda true, huh? Our beauty comes out when our happiness shines through. I know, for me personally, when I am crabby - it's NOT attractive. This is a great reminder to keep our countenance representing God's love and joy.
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Word Art Wednesday. You are such a blessing to us!
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! I love the green tag.. it is so nice! Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner!! Hope to see you again next week!

    - Susan, DT @ Tammy's Scrapin Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! I saw your card on MIM and had to drop by for a closer look.

    Stop by my blog to check out my {Belated} Birthday Blog Candy!

    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great week.
    I love this entry and your talent is fantastic.
    Good luck this week.
    Hugs
    Tammy Ortiz
    Founder of
    Tammy Scrapin Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. C'est vraiment une jolie carte :D It really is a pretty card! Just love seeing a bit of French... it's so rare. Gorgeous colors.

    Thanks for joining us as Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Adrienne, thanks for linking up at the CASE Study challenge! You didn't specify whose card you were inspired with, so I can't comment much, but it's a very pretty card nonetheless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take inspiration from everywhere you may find it. Wonderful cards, thanks for play at CASE Study

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO elegant! I love your card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Claire, I just love your work, your compliment means a lot to me!
      Blessings,
      Adrienne

      Delete
  10. Glorious! Love the vintage theme and the splash of green...it's so eye catching~ Thanks for sharing with us at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment Andrea! Your work is so fabulous, your comment is very encouraging to me!
      Blessings,
      Adrienne

      Delete
  11. Wow, this is stunning!! So much amazing detail. Thank you for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for noticing all the details! It's all about the details to me!
      Blessings,
      Adrienne

      Delete
  12. What a wonderful sentiment and I love the green! Thanks for joining us at PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card, love the gorgeous tag and the lovely sentiment and quote.
    Beautiful flowers too.
    Thanks for linking up with MIM this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very delicate card, Adrienne!

    Love especially the colour scheme and the quote!!!!

    Greetings from Vienna,
    die amelie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love that we can share art and connect with people throughout the world!
      God Bless you!
      Adrienne

      Delete
  15. Wow!! I saw you on MIM and came to have a peek. Would love for you to come enter my stamp giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  16. a fabulous way to showcase the green ink-pad - this looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing with Simon Says Stamp & Show! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
    My entries are: #159, #162, #212 and #214.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete